Creative Growth serves adult artists with developmental disabilities who share an interest in exploring creativity. We primarily serve individuals who are eligible for Regional Center services. For those who are not Regional Center eligible, admission is determined on a case-by-case basis. We require no previous art experience, only a sincere desire to engage in and enjoy the art-making process.
Application and Integration Process:
1. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of attending Creative Growth, contact your Regional Center Case Manager informing them of your interest in arts.
2. Your Regional Center Case Manager contacts our Client Services Manager and provides a referral prior to the initial tour of our studio.
3. After receiving a referral from your Case Manager, the Client Services Manager will contact you for a tour of our studio and gallery. An informal interview will be conducted after the tour and you will receive an application package.
4. Plan to attend the tour with either a family member, caregiver, an ILS/SLS staff or your Case Manager to make sure you will not miss any important information. You will meet our artists, instructors and see how art is created collectively and individually in our big studio in Uptown Oakland.
5. Upon acceptance, the first three months of enrollment are a trial period. This gives you an opportunity to fully integrate into our program. Upon successful completion of a trial period, we will meet to talk about your experience and to establish your personal goals, as they relate to your work at Creative Growth.
For questions, please contact:
Cristina Maria Moraes
Client Services Manager