Accounting Assistant2 days/week 14 hours
Creative Growth Art Center is a studio and gallery that serves artists with developmental, mental and physical disabilities, providing a professional studio environment for artistic development, gallery exhibition and representation and a social atmosphere among peers. CGAC is the oldest and largest art center of its kind in the world, and maintains a well-established reputation as a vital contemporary art center by encouraging the highest level of achievement and recognition for our artists with disabilities. Founded in 1974, on the idea that all people can gain strength, enjoyment and fulfillment from experiences in the arts and are capable of producing works of high artistic merit, CGAC became the first artist-run space offering a professional art studio, exhibition opportunities, and a supportive artistic community for artists with disabilities.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Accounting Assistant to join our team who can work in a casual but busy environment. This position will assist the Accountant with keeping accurate financial records, data entry, preparing reports, account reconciliations and updating financial information. This is a part time, two day a week position.
- Account analysis and cost/Inventory analysis
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Journal entries
- Assist with bank and payroll reconciliations
- Data Entry - hands on with Quick Books and Excel programs
- Filing, mailing, and other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business with an emphasis in accounting, or a related field preferred
- Two to three years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Excellent computer skills; fluent in Quick Books, Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with PC computers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a busy, often chaotic environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline: March 7, 2018
Only applicants whose resumes are selected will be contacted. No phone calls please. Due to the high number of applicants we will only respond to those who meet our current needs.
Creative Growth is committed to diversity in its workforce. Creative Growth is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or disability.