Creative Growth Studio program is offered 9:30am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. The program provides a professional art studio setting and facilitation for over 150 artists in drawing, painting, video production, ceramics, wood, fiber arts, textiles, and printmaking. The program is further enriched by trips to museums, galleries, and artists’ studios. Artists develop a working portfolio and many artists produce exhibition quality artwork for sale in the Creative Growth Gallery and internationally.
Creative Growth serves artists with developmental disabilities who share an interest in exploring creativity. We primarily serve individuals who are eligible for Regional Center services. We require no previous art experience, only a sincere desire to engage in and enjoy the art-making process.
Application and Integration Process:
1. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of attending Creative Growth, contact your Regional Center Case Manager informing them of your interest in arts.
2. Your Regional Center Case Manager contacts our Client Services Manager and provides a referral prior to the initial tour of our studio.
3. After receiving a referral from your Case Manager, the Client Services Manager will contact you for a tour of our studio and gallery. An informal interview will be conducted after the tour and you will receive an application package.
4. Plan to attend the tour with either a family member, caregiver, an ILS/SLS staff, or your Case Manager to make sure you will not miss any important information. You will meet our artists, instructors, and see how art is created collectively and individually in our big studio in Uptown Oakland.
5. Upon acceptance, the first three months of enrollment are a trial period. This gives you an opportunity to fully integrate into our program. Upon successful completion of a trial period, we will meet to talk about your experience and to establish your personal goals, as they relate to your work at Creative Growth.
For questions, please contact:
Cristina Maria Moraes
Client Services Manager
510.836.2340 x 111
Youth Art Program
The Saturday Youth Art is offered from 10:00am to 2:00pm on Saturdays to young adults ages 15-22 with developmental disabilities. It gives high school students with artistic inclinations the opportunity to explore art as a vocation with the possibility of transitioning into the Creative Growth adult fine arts program. Classes run all year round. Classes are small, so that each student receives individual attention while exploring drawing, painting, fiber arts, ceramics, and woodworking. Students experience the excitement of discovering their creative potential and the reward of having their artwork exhibited and sold in the Creative Growth Gallery. For more information about the Youth Art Program, please contact:
For more information, please contact:
510.836.2340 x 119